Monday, December 2, 2013


Last week was a short week at Hacker School because of the holidays. I had an amazing first Thanksgiving indeed, but I also got some work done.

Last week I started porting my theorem prover to ClojureScript. My intention is to create a web-based front end for my theorem prover using D3.js to draw tableaux and models. I'm cautiously optimistic that this won't be too much work as my tableaux and models are nothing more than labeled DAGs.

My porting efforts came to a temporary halt when I encountered a bug in ClojureScript. This led me to take a closer look at the ClojureScript codebase—a productive distraction that resulted in a patch by yours truly.

I have also started working on a manual for Termcat.

Additionally, I have been working on a new rewriting system for Termcat that should be more powerful, easier to understand, and faster than the system that's in place now. The downside is that it has subtly different semantics and this means I can't just assume my current rules will keep working when I switch rewriting systems. I might be in for a bumpy ride!